Austin Car Accident Attorneys
Free Auto Accident Case Evaluations - Contact us Today
If you’ve been involved in a serious car accident, you cannot place your trust in your insurance company to properly handle your claim. You could fall prey to a grossly undervalued claim or delayed payment that leaves you in dire financial straits. You need someone on your side who will protect your interests and help you pursue a fair settlement or award that will actually cover all of your expenses and even additional damages, such as pain and suffering.
An Austin car accident lawyer at the Lowenberg & Kumar Law Firm can help by properly valuing your claim and then putting the right amount of pressure on the insurance company to encourage a fair, timely settlement. We will pursue monetary damages for medical costs, lost earnings, damage to your vehicle, emotional trauma, and any other applicable losses or injuries.
Find out more by calling (512) 714-2692 for a free case evaluation.
How long do I have to file an injury claim in Texas?
Texas law states that you have 2 years from the date of the injury to file an injury claim. Any legal action must be taken within that time frame – should you fail to file a claim by the 2 year deadline, you could be giving up the opportunity to have your case heard. It’s imperative that you take action as soon as possible after an accident. By waiting to contact an attorney, it may be more difficult to gather evidence that is crucial to your case, including medical documentation and bills.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you can take the following steps to protect your health and right to compensation:
- Remain at the scene to exchange information with the other driver or drivers. This is required by law (with the exception of those who are so seriously injured that they cannot exchange contact and insurance information).
- While at the scene, be sure that you do not apologize or say you were to blame for the accident. Only a thorough investigation will reveal the accident’s true cause, and admitting fault could jeopardize your right to compensation.
- Take pictures and notes. Even if you only have your cell phone, take pictures of the scene itself, the vehicles, your injuries, and other relevant items. Take detailed notes to prevent forgetting key details. Get the contact information of anyone that witnessed the accident.
- Seek medical attention, and tell your doctor that you were involved in a car accident. Keep detailed records of all medical treatment you receive, and follow your doctor’s orders to aid in a speedier recovery.
- Talk to an Austin car accident lawyer about your right to compensation. Before signing anything or making any official statements to the insurance company (yours or the other driver’s), be sure to talk to a lawyer. The last thing you want to do is to accidentally admit fault or agree to an unfair settlement offer.
Ready to get started? Fill out our
online consultation form and we'll be in
touch with you shortly.